Our Vision – “A community in Lisburn where all young people can flourish and thrive”
Our Mission – “To create opportunities for all young people to develop and connect socially and emotionally”
What makes us different?
All youth provision was initiated by the community – as the youth provision developed so did the personal and professional development of volunteers and the capacity of local communities.
It is not youth work in isolation – The youth work is strategically linked to the overall community development of Resurgam Trust areas and is linked in with all other community organisations, projects and initiatives. (All youth activities are strategically planned to produce certain outcomes)
We work collaboratively with all stakeholders, agencies and organisations to address the needs of local communities and create change.
Our Key Areas of Work
· Education – Addressing the low educational attainment in schools
· Health – Addressing increasing health issues including mental health within the area
· Community Safety – Outreach and Lisburn SAFE
· Community Relations, Equality & Diversity (CRED) – by reaching out to others; embedding peaceful relations with neighbouring communities and developing Inclusive Practices. Also supporting the development of relations with new arrivals and members of the BME Communities.
· Citizenship, Community Action & Political Awareness – by working with young people to create ‘good’ citizens and the next generation of community leaders by providing training and the opportunities to take on leadership roles and bring change within their communities
We have service level agreements with: –
1. Education Authority NI
2. Police and Community Safety Partnership
3. Co-Operation Ireland
4. Lisburn Castlereagh City Council
5. The Executive Office
6. Big Lottery Fund
7. European Social Fund
8. Resurgam 3D Centre
Our partners include: –
Resurgam Healthy Living Centre, Early Intervention Lisburn, Social Enterprises, Fingerprint Learning, Lisburn Linen Centre, Lisburn Cathedral, The Journey Church, Linen Centre and Museum, Surestart, Atlas Women’s Centre, YMCA, Island Arts Centre, Lisburn and Castlereagh Council Good Relations Department, SOS Bus, PSNI, PCSP, NI Fire and Rescue Service, Brook Advisory Council, Consumer Rights, Belfast Exposed, Amethyst and Co-Operation Ireland.
To keep up to date with what is currently going on please visit and like our Facebook Page by clicking here
If you would like to speak to someone about our Youth Provision, please contact Francie Ferris on 02892 676 361 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org