Resurgam will connect individuals, groups and transform communities to create a sustainable environment in which all are proud to live, learn, play and work. Resurgam will create growth opportunities through support, capacity building and social economy initiatives to sustain regeneration in the Greater Lisburn area through building connections and alliances to positively influence decisions that will affect the communities served by the Trust and its members.
The Resurgam Trust project as a whole will develop a model of effective practice for rebuilding communities which can be replicated by other communities. The project will leave a lasting legacy which will involve strong community management structures, skilled workers and volunteers within communities, increased skills base and employment opportunities for young people, improved socio economic status, and substantial improvements in the community’s physical aesthetics.
The strategic aims of The Resurgam Trust in promoting Lisburn and the Greater Lisburn area and addressing the needs of the inhabitants of the area are as follows:
- To create growth opportunities to build and sustain regeneration in the Greater Lisburn area.
- To build connections and alliances to positively influence decisions that will affect the communities served by the Trust and its members
- To enable people to experience through the opportunities provided by the Trust and its members, a value-based environment that challenges injustice and exclusion.
- To build effective working relationships that results in safer-peaceful communities
- Share Resurgam Trust model and outworking as best practice to support peace, reconciliation and sustainable communities, locally regionally and wider.
- To align the work of the Resurgam Trust with the needs of the communities and member groups it represents in:
- Enhancing the physical environment,
- Developing training and education,
- Promoting social justice and rights,
- Informing the development of quality housing and services,
- Enhancing the well-being of members and communities,
- Contributing to the economic regeneration and independence of individuals and communities including through the development of social enterprises
- Embracing diversity and promoting connectedness,
- Creating transformed communities in which children, young people and adults of all ages are valued, safer and thrive.
- To create opportunities for individuals, groups and communities to connect together to lessen their isolation
- To build and review Trust governance arrangement to ensure that its members have ownership and influence over the direction of the Trust.
- To ensure that the Trust operates financial management controls that results in transparency, accountability and enhances sustainability.
- To develop and maintain an operational infrastructure including a clear set of policies and procedures to guide its work.
1. COLLABORATION: To ensure that the work of The Resurgam Trust is aligned with the needs of the communities and member groups it represents
2. PASSION: To work to transform communities so that children, young people, adults and older people are healthier, valued, feel safer and thrive
3. EQUALITY: To ensure that the ethos of social justice, equality, diversity and community development underpin the Resurgam Trust’ practice, policies and processes
4. LEADERSHIP: To lobby for positive change for the Resurgam Trust communities of interest and the Greater Lisburn Area
5. COMMITMENT: To continue to promote and recognise the input of volunteers into all activities at the Resurgam Trust