Following many years of community, social and economic development within working class communities in Lisburn and as a direct result of an in-depth community consultation we are delighted to announce that we have established and incorporated our new company: The Resurgam Community Development Trust Limited.
The Resurgam Trust is supported by established and recognised community-based organisations and social enterprise organisations with many years of experience working in communities throughout the city of Lisburn. The Resurgam Trust will act as a voice and will lobby on behalf of our membership to ensure that the needs of our community continue to be addressed.
The Resurgam Community Development Trust Ltd is a Development Trust Association. We have ambitious plans for our Trust, which we feel connects communities across Lisburn and will drive community, youth, social and economic development for many years to come.
The Resurgam Trust is based in the Laganview Enterprise Centre in the Old Warren Estate in Lisburn and works with community-based organisations across both Lisburn North and Lisburn South. We are a non-political organisation but feel that it is extremely important to build alliances and relationships with all locally elected representatives across all political divides. Equally we want to reach out and build good working relationships with statutory, community and voluntary sectors in Lisburn and wider afield.
Some of the areas we are currently working on include:
- Education & Employment
- Community Development
- Youth Provision
- Social Enterprise
- Community Safety
- Health & Wellbeing
- Early Intervention
To view our Strategic Action Plan for 2019 – 2023 please click here
Awards received to date:
- The Queens Award for Voluntary Service 2011 (awarded to our Social Enterprise Lisburn Community Self Build Ltd)
- Mayor’s Award for Volunteering in the Culture & Diversity Category 2013
- IPB All-Island Pride of Place Awards for Enterprise and Youth Projects 2013
- Mayor’s Award for Young Volunteer of the Year 2014
- The Investors in People Standard 2014
- NI Enterprise’s Social Economy Business of the Year 2014
- Best Social Enterprise (Resurgam Trust) Business Award from Lisburn City Business Awards 2015
- Community Development Person of the Year from Ulster Star People of the Year Awards 2015
- Mayor’s Award for Bringing Communities Together 2017
- Best Social Enterprise (LaganView Enterprise Centre) Business Award from Lisburn & Castlereagh City Business Awards 2018
- Highly Commended Award in the Investment in Health Category at the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Business Awards 2018
- Future Leader Award (Our Director Tracey Black) from TWN’s WICT Programme 2018
- Granted the Queens Award for Voluntary Service 2018
- Order of the British Empire (BEM) for services to the community in Lisburn during Covid-19 (Our Highway Inn Manager Emma Robb) 2020
- Making a Difference Award (Lisburn SAFE) from Lisburn & Castlereagh City Mayor’s Community Awards 2021