- We are actively seeking expressions of interest from individuals who may be interested in working for our new security services company - Please email email@example.com outlining your experience to date and the qualifications you hold (if any).
- Become a Fundraising Volunteer with ourselves please contact Vince Curry on 07870 355136 for more details.
- Become a Volunteer with our Lisburn SAFE project. There are 3 volunteer opportunities please see below for details. Please contact Alison Holdsworth on 07512 677465 to register your interest.
A core volunteer with Lisburn SAFE will be trained in Conflict management, mediation and reconciliation skills. They will volunteer within the community they live, in response to the needs of the community, on an as and when needed basis. Occasionally they will be called upon to volunteer in other Lisburn SAFE areas if needed. Core volunteers will address and impact on various community safety issues such as:
· low level crime
· anti-social behaviour
· neighbourhood disputes
· reporting crime
· supporting those affected by crime
· signposting to heath and well being services
· becoming a trusted friend to the community
Core volunteers will also receive relevant training on health and well-being issues in order to signpost and support members of the community that are concerned on such matters.
A peer volunteer is a young person aged 16 or 17 who holds an interest in the community in which they live and wish to partake in positive activity to impact on issues affecting them and their peers. As a peer volunteer they will receive training and awareness on health and wellbeing topics relevant to their age group and the community they volunteer in. Peer volunteers will use their knowledge and training to influence and encourage their peers to avoid and reject anti-social or risk taking behaviour within their community. All peer volunteers will be given the opportunity to become a core volunteer when they reach the age of 18. They will be given full support, development and encouragement to achieve this alongside their personal and professional goals.
Support Services Volunteer
A support service volunteer with Lisburn SAFE will provide support to the Lisburn SAFE project at times when a higher number of volunteering is required. Support volunteers may be asked to take part in:
· community safety presence
· snow clearing
· low level maintenance
· key holding for community buildings
Job, Work Experience and Volunteer Opportunities will appear here as they become available.